Last night, my 12 year old Russ came to me complaining about a headache. He asked for some Children’s Motrin but, I decided to try something different this time. I had him smell the Peppermint Oil and I rubbed some into his temples. He thought it was strange that I would do that instead of give him medicine like I always have in the past. A few minutes later he came back saying, “That is so weird, my headache is gone”! He told me it was cool because he liked the smell as well. I liked having such an easy natural remedy. If you would like to try this for yourself or your own family. Sign up for my newsletter today and you could win the introductory kit including Peppermint Oil for FREE!
Posts tagged ‘Essential Oil’
Yesterday, I wrote about my daughter waking up feeling sick. I was amazed at how fast she bounced back. She went to school feeling just fine today and was actually feeling great most of the day yesterday. I forgot to mention in my post that she had a fever so when I went to check on her I thought darn I should have given her some Children’s Tylenol or Motrin but, she was asleep so I couldn’t give it to her right then. But, she had also complained that her stomach was upset. I had heard that Peppermint Essential Oil was good for upset stomaches so ,while she was sleeping I rubbed a little of that on her feet as well. When she woke up I was going to give her some Motrin but her fever was gone. I just learned today that Peppermint reduces fevers. A side benefit I didn’t even know about!
I am quickly learning to really appreciate Lavender Oil. This morning, I went into my seven year old daughter’s room. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and said that she had hardly slept all night. I could tell that she wasn’t feeling very well so, I pulled out my doTerra oils. I put a drop of Lavender Oil on the bottom of each foot. I also put a drop of OnGuard on each foot to help her fight whatever she is coming down with. I checked on her a few minutes later and she was sleeping soundly. Before, I began investigating Essential Oils I would have said I am sorry and just put her back to bed. She seemed to feel very comforted that I did something and she did fall asleep very quickly. The National Library of Medicine cites several case studies regarding Lavender and say it does seem to promote sleep. They do say that more scientific studies are needed before this can be conclusive. The night I used Lavender Oil on my children everyone in the house slept soundly including my two year old who usually likes to wake me up very early in the morning. One of my friends claims that she was sleeping horribly before she started using Lavender Oil and now she sleeps very well. I loved knowing that I had something so natural, pure and safe to help my daughter this morning.
Lavender oil is an essential oil obtained by distillation from the flower spikes of certain species of lavender. DoTerra’s most popular oil, lavender has been cherished for its unmistakable aroma and its therapeutic properties for thousands of years. Lavender is widely used and accepted for its calming and relaxing qualities. For topical, aromatic, or dietary use.
- Apply to the bottom of feet or on a pillow before sleeping.
- Use to calm reaction to a bee sting or bug bite.
- Use with bath salts for a relaxing spa bathing experience.
- Apply to wrists or inhale when traveling to ease motion upset.
- Lightly apply to soothe sunburned or scalded skin.
- Apply to back, hands, or feet of a restless or agitated child.
- Use to calm and soothe diaper rash.
- Calm sensitive skin and soothe pores after hair removal.
- Apply to dry, chapped lips before applying lip balm.
- Use with peppermint for a healthy scalp massage.
- Add to lotion for a stress-relieving massage.
My Experiences with Lavender:
My 5 year old fell off a bar stool and had a bruise that stood out about an inch and a half. My brother put Lavender Oil on the bruise and the color was very light and it was not raised at all by the next day.
My brother put Lavender oil on his sons burned fingers that other burn remedies did not sooth and he was comforted almost immediately.
My children claim that they sleep a lot better when I put this on their feet. I think they enjoy the foot rub as much as the good night’s sleep!
A friend says that she was sleeping horribly before she began using lavender oil. She loves it!
I would like to develop a directory of sucesses people have had using this oil. Please Leave Comments about your own experiences with this essential oil!
Another doTerra favorite, this essential oil powerhouse is cold-pressed from lemon rinds to preserve its delicate nature and potent properties. Lemon is known as a powerful aromatic, topical, and internal cleanser that can be used to complement many other oils. Diffusing lemon in a room can cleanse the air and uplift mood. It can also be used on surfaces throughout the home as a non-toxic cleaning booster. For aromatic, topical or dietary use.
- Add a drop to a water bottle or to water served at a restaurant.
- Diffuse aromatically or apply topically for mood elevation.
- Add to a drop of honey to soothe a cough or sore throat.
- Dilute with coconut oil for a daily fingernail conditioning massage.
- Apply directly to cold sores for soothing relief.
- Add a drop of lemon and peppermint to your toothbrush after use.
- Diffuse in a room to neutralize odors.
- Remove gum, lavel adhesives, and greasy substances from fabric.
- Use to clean kitchen counter and stainless steel appliances.
- Add to live oil for a non-toxic furniture polish.
My experiences with Lemon Essential Oil:
Please leave your experiences in the comments below.